In our sixth episode, we are talking about being a good friend to someone with a physical difference. Our guest, Lisa DeWeert, is back with us! She gives us terms to use and questions to ask. She reminds us that everyone has a very different journey and we need to be mindful of that. Listen for her tips on how to be more comfortable around people with a physical difference!
- Does being around someone with a physical difference make you nervous? Why?
- Do you know what a prosthetic is?
- What is something you learned in listening to Lisa’s story?
- From Bloomington-Normal, IL
- Just graduated grad school with Master’s in communication (her love language is talking!)
- world traveler
- Currently works at a University as a career advisor, helping students with their early professional journeys
- Born with smaller muscles in arms and hands (called arthrogryposis… and note, I have mild case of it)
- She believes that your personal relationship with Jesus is pretty much all that matters
- Enneagram 2!
Find Lisa on social: