It’s Christmas break! Do you need any ideas for things to do so you can avoid being bored? We’ve got you covered! Here are 12 ideas tweens could do over break!
- Make a time capsule for New Year’s Eve. You can use a Pringles can or an oatmeal box. Put memories, predictions, jokes, wishes, fears…then read them on New Years next year!
- Learn a new recipe! Try making Glorified Brownies!
- Lego challenge – every day create a new lego build.
- Learn a new game — like Solitaire!
- Have a Board Game Day! Better known as “No electricity day!”
- Do a random act of kindness—grandparent, neighbor or friend, (if it’s snowy, you could shovel show for them. Or video call with them to see how they are doing.)
- Write an actual letter and mail it.
- Host a zoom game with your friends – Check out these fun ideas for games you can play together on Zoom!
- Memory journaling – Here’s a template you could use!
What I loved about 2020.
The hardest thing about 2020.
What I got better at in 2020.
What I’m looking forward to in 2021.
What I want to get better at in 2021.
What I want to learn in 2020.
- Marshmallow Toothpick Challenge. Create the tallest structure out of marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Create an Obstacle Course. Set up an obstacle course for your family to race through. (Time everyone) Make sure you clean up your obstacle course when you’re done with it.
- Do an interview with a grandparent or an older aunt/uncle.
What’s your favorite memory from grade school?
Did you win any awards when you were in school?
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What was your favorite food as a kid?
What was your favorite subject in school?
What historical thing happened when you were a kid?